West Bengal SC & ST Dev. & Fin. Corporation
- The West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Development & Finance Corporation was constituted in the year 1976 through an Act, amended in 1980 & 1981 and newly called West Bengal Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes & Other Backward Classes Dev. & Fin. Corporation Act, 2017. The Corporation has the mandate for economic development of SC.ST& OBC beneficiaries living below the poverty line. Moreover, the Corporation can take up activities which have a bearing upon social, educational, economic & cultural development of SC.ST& OBC communities in the State. The State Government holds 51% and the Government of India holds 49% share of the Corporation. The Corporation started functioning with authorized share capital of R. 200.00 crore.
- Head Quarters of the Corporation is located at CF-217/A/1 Sector-I, Salt Lake, Kolkata -700064. The Corporation functions through 23 District Branch Offices located at District HQs. Senior State Civil Service Cadre officer are posted as District Manager of the District Branch.
- The Corporation is constituted with 21 Members including Official & non-official members.
Following schemes are being implemented by the Corporation in association with District Administration, Block Administration and Three-tier PR Bodies and functionaries in the State:-
For SC beneficiaries :
- SCA to SCP-Medium Term Loans -Banks,Margin Money- beneficiary and Subsidy.
- Term Loan by National Scheduled Castes Finance & Development Corporation (NSFDC).
- Laghu Vyabsayee Yojana (LVY) of NSFDC for Small Units with Project Cost up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Mahila Samriddhi Yojana (MSY) for Women beneficiaries (SHG Group).
- Education Loan of NSFDC for SC students for pursuing Technical/ Professional Courses.
For ST beneficiaries :
Term Loan by National Scheduled Tribes Finance & Development Corporation (NSTFDC)
For Safai Karmachari :
- Term Loan by National Safai Karmachari Finance & Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
- Mahila Samriddhi Yojana (MSY) for Women beneficiaries.
For O.B.C Beneficiaries :
- Term loan by National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
- Mahila Samriddi Yajona (MSY) for OBC Woman Beneficiaries (SHG Group).
- Education Loan for OBC students for pursuing Technical/ Professional Courses
SPECIAL SCHEMES :
Job-focused Training Programme – Plastics Technology & Engineering (CIPET) / New Age Security Guard / Personal Development Programme (Dual certification by Microsoft) Ethnic Beauty care, Beauty Therapist/Self Employed Tailor/Front Line Health Worker/Mobile Hand Set Repairing/Domestic Data Entry Operator, Technical Support Engineer, Agarbatti making, Papad making, Soap making/Personal Dev. Programme (Computer Application & Work Place English).
The scheme started in the year 2015 for distribution of bi-cycle to the students studying in classes IX to XII in Govt. & Govt. Aided Schools and Madrashas of the State. Since 2015, 418927 (Four Lakh eighteen thousand nine hundred twenty seven) students have received bi-cycles under the Scheme in our district in 7 Phases.
Phase wise details :-
Phase-I – 83994 || Phase-II – 45709 || Phase-III – 90789 || Phase-IV – 48419 || Phase-V – 49126 || Phase-VI – 52263 || Phase-VII – 48627
District Branch Address :
Collectorate Building, Room No. 126 & 127
P.O.-Karnajora, Dist.-Uttar Dinajpur