The office of the Deputy Director of Agriculture (Administration), Uttar Dinajpur is the District level office of the Department of Agriculture, Government of West Bengal. The office is engaged in performing following activities –
- Crop cultivation forecasting and periodic reporting to higher authority about area covered under different crops in the district and also estimate productivity and production of field crops throughout the year.
- Recording Rainfall and other weather parameters in 6 nos of Weather Stations situated in six different blocks of the district.
- Implementations of various State Plan and Centrally Sponsored schemes for improving and sustaining productivity and production of different field crops in the District.
- Issue of Letter of Authorization for dealing in the business of Fertilizers, and licenses for dealing in the business of Seeds and Insecticides and enforcement of legal provisions and quality control activities for these agricultural inputs..
- Implementing other welfare schemes like KB(AI), KB-DB, PM-Kisan, towards providing financial assistances to farmers of the district.
- Implementation of Crop Insurance Scheme for providing Insurance benefit in case the notified crop is damaged due to natural calamities.
- Productions of Quality Seeds (mostly Foundation and Certified Seeds) in 7 nos of farms in the district and supplying them to the farmers.
- Providing advisory services to farmers for crop cultivation.
Functions and Services Offered :
The functions and services include –
- Conducting Crop Demonstrations of various crops like cereals, pulses, oilseeds and fiber crop (Jute) etc by supplying certified seeds and other inputs (like herbicide, insecticide, fungicide, bio-pesticide, micronutrients etc.) involving progressive farmers under State Plan and Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
- Providing subsidy on seeds (Hybrid, HYV) and Farm Implements under the frame-work of different development schemes.
- Providing Pension Benefit to aged farmers under Farmers’ Old Age pension Scheme,
- Giving financial assistance to farmers under Krishak Bandhu (Death Benefit and Assured Income) schemes.
- Organizing Field day, Training Programmes for disseminating technical knowledge and recommended package of practices to farmers of the district for cultivatiuon of various crops.
- Issuing Letter of Authorization (LOA) for Dealing in the business of selling fertilizers, bio-fertilizers and Organic manure.
- Issuing Licenses for Dealing in the business of selling Insecticides and Seed.
- Enforce legal provisions and take necessary measures for quality control for fertilizers, seeds and pesticide inputs.
- Implementations of Crop Insurance Scheme (Bangla Sasya Bima) for providing financial assistance for damages to crops due to natural calamities.
- Estimation of Area under cultivation of different crops, its productivity and production and reporting the same to higher authority.
- Daily recording of Rainfall and other Weather parameters in 6 nos of Weather Stations situated in six different blocks of the district.
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
- National Food Security Mission (NFSM)
- Krishak Bandhu (Death Benefit)
- Krishak Bandhu (Assured Income)
- Farmers’ Old Age Pension Scheme (FOAP)
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) in association with Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana (BKSY)
- Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA)
- Farm Mechanization (OTA-SFI, FSSM, Custom Hiring Centres etc)
- Bangla Shasya Bima Scheme (BSBS)
- Management of Fall Army Worm in Maize.
- Crop Residue Management Scheme (CRM).
Useful Website Links related to Department and Sections :
- Matir Katha (Official Website of Department of Agriculture, GOWB) (https://matirkatha.net/)
- National Agriculture Infra Financing Facility (for AIF Schemes) (https://agriinfra.dac.gov.in)
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya ( https://bckv.edu.in/)
- Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (https://www.ubkv.ac.in/)
- State Agriculture Management & Extension Training Institute (https://www.sametiwb.org/)
- Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, GOI (https://agricoop.nic.in/en)
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (https://icar.org.in/)
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra Knowledge Network (KVK, Chopra) ( https://kvk.icar.gov.in/selected_kvk.aspx?id=k0644)
Contact Number and E-mail ID :
- The office of the Deputy Director of Agriculture (Administration), Uttar Dinajpur is situated in Ground Floor of N-1 Block, Rental Housing Estate, Karnajora, Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur.