DEPARTMENT OF FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES & HORTICULTURE
DIRECTORATE OF HORTICULTURE:
- A considerable area of Uttar Dinajpur district comes under cultivation of horticultural crops viz. fruits, flowers, spices, plantation crops etc that provides livelihood for a large group of people involved in this sector.
- Fruits cultivated in an area of 11,493 Ha with production of 2,06,634 Mt annually in the district. The major fruit crops grown are pineapple, mango, guava, coconut, litchi, banana, papaya etc. Vegetables cultivated in an area of 39,722 Ha with production of 5,72,417 Mt annually in the district. The major vegetables grown are tomato, cauliflowers, brinjal, ladys’finger, peas, onion, watermelon, radish, pumpkin etc.
- Spices cultivated in an area of 4,776 Ha with production of 21,986 Mt annually in the district. The major spices cultivated are by ginger, turmeric, chilli, bayleaf, coriander, garlic etc.
The floriculture crops cultivated in an area of 344 Ha with production of 1,087 Mt annually in the district . Main crops grown are marigold, gladiolus, rose, rajanigandha etc.
- For sustainable overall development of horticulture sector in the district, as well as to encourage farmers to earn profit through new avenues of horticulture sector, District Horticulture Office, Uttar Dinajpur is providing assistance in various ways to the horticultural growers of the district.
DIRECTORATE OF FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES:
- Under this directorate “West Bengal Food Processing Incentive Scheme-2021” is newly launched scheme to assist individuals/ SHGs/ NGOs/ Cooperatives for setting up new and upgradation of existing Micro Food processing Enterprises, @ 40% of total investment in plant & machineries/ equipment’s or subject to a maximum limit of Rs.10 lakh per unit.