Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education
The West Bengal government is particularly liable for the overall development in education economic development, area development and women empowerment of the minority communities. The Government has adopted a multi-programme plan for the overall development of the minority community. All these plans have been adopted by the government for effective implementation and for public awareness.
Functions & Services Offered:
The Minority Affairs & Madrasah Education Section, Uttar Dinajpur works for the overall development of the minority communities in the area to improve the socio-economic condition of the minorities and provide basic amenities to them for improving quality of life. The services offered are listed below in the schemes section.
- SUP/PMJVK (Sankhyalaghu Unnayan Prakalpa) erstwhile Multi-sectoral development programme and integrated multi-sectoral development programme (MsDP & IMDP): The broad objective of the scheme is to improve the socio-economic condition of the minorities and provide basic amenities to them for improving quality of life and reducing infrastructure imbalances in identified minority concentrated areas. The proposals are submitted from the block level and likewise is forwarded by the District Magistrate to the MA&ME Department for necessary approval from the Department.
- SUP/PMJVK/MSDP and IMDP’s action plans provide opportunities for income generation as well as education, skill development, health, kitchen room, sanitation with better integrated consolidation of drinking water, and supply system. The purpose of this scheme is to assign allotted fund on going by the Indian Government Innovative projects aimed at bridging the gap between conventional action plans and the development of minority communities.
Scholarship for minority students (AIKYASHREE- Website : www.wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in):
- Pre-matric scholarship: for students poor and meritorious from class I to X those who have got 50% or more and his family income less than 2 lakh can apply for this scholarship. Students can receive Rs. 1100 to 11000 yearly.
- Post-matric scholarship: for students poor and meritorious from from class XI to P.HD and who have got 50% or more marks last year examination and their family income less than 2 lakh are eligible for this scholarship. They can receive maximum Rs. 16,500/-
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: poor and meritorious students those who have got 50% or more marks of last examination to study for professional/technical education and their family income yearly less than 2.5 lakh can apply for this scholarship. They can receive maximum Rs. 33000/-
- Post matric stipend (Talent Support programme): poor and meritorious students those who have got less than 50% and their family yearly income less than 2 lakh can apply for this scholarship. They can received Rs. 2550 to 4900/-
- Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum means Scholarship(SVMCM): poor and meritorious students for studying from XI class to P.HD and those family income less than 2.5 lakh they can apply for this scholarship and they get Rs.12000 to 60000 per year
Coaching for Job
: Free coaching for primary TET, Police, School/ Madrasah Service, and others for preparation, training to students free of cost. The students can get the information from wbmdfc website.
: Education loan given for students in Medical, Engineering, Management and Nursing etc. For students studying in India can avail upto Rs 20 lakhs loan and for students studying abroad upto Rs. 30 lakhs. Rate of interest 3% to 5%.. Every year application is received through online from the month of June to July from the website: www.wbmdfc.net
Various type of loan project for upliftment of minority communities of West Bengal:
Target group: for minority community (Muslim/Sikh/ Christians/ Buddhist/Parsi/Jain)
- Age limit: 18 to 50 years for rural area upto Rs. 98,000/-
- Age limit: 18 to 50 years for urban area upto Rs. 1,20,000/-
Term loan project:
- Maximum Rs.5,00,000/-
- Term loan for Rs.100000 but less than 500000 .There must be a guarantor and applications are received by the B.D.O and Gram Panchayat throughout the year (rural area) application are received by S.D.O office (urban area). Loan will be repaid within 3 or 5 years by 12 to 20 installments at the rate of interest 6% per annum.
Direct loan scheme for self help groups:
For economic development of various self help group loans are given to this group. It has to be repaid in 18 to 24 months at rate of interest 6%. Applicants can submit their Forms through Field Supervisors posted at different blocks to the Block Dev. Office.
Project for minority women empowerment:
For improving the economic development of minority women loan is given upto Rs 15000 @3% interest and can repay the same in 18 to 24 months. Applications are received throughout the year at Municipality office/Block office.
- Applicants are requested to apply for Passport through online mode.
- Application for Haj is made through online mode at www.hajcommittee.gov.in
- At least two nos. trainings of Haj Pilgrims is arranged by the District office in accordance with the State Haj Committee. Vaccination of Hajj Piligrims in collaboration with the Health department is also done.
Waqf (Auqaf) matters:
- Registration of Waqf property is legally mandatory. For generation of income from Wakf properties Motwali is required. Applicants can apply for motwali at any time of the year from the district Minority Office.
- Registration will be done at any time.
Waqf property development:
- Apply for application at any time to increase the income of waqf properties.
- Application form can be obtained from the District Minority Office.
Construction of Graveyard/Idgah/Church/Mazhar Boundary Wall:
Application for construction of boundary walls around graveyard, idgahs, shrines, churches and mosque can be done through the website (http://wbminorityaffairs.in/). Documents required: Graveyard Committee resolution, sketch map, BL & LRO non-encumbrance certificate etc.
Infrastructural support to reputed NGOs running educational projects for the development and welfare of minorities
: Under this scheme financial support of upto Rs. 50 lakhs is provided to the reputed NGOs running educational projects for the development and welfare of minorities. The assistance is generally provided for development of infrastructure. This includes construction of classrooms and other rooms of schools, laboratories, hostels, library rooms, etc.
The NGOs can apply through online mode in: http://ngoscheme.wbminorityaffairs.in/
Imam and Moazzin :
- Life certificate of Imam and Moazzin to be submitted should submit every year.
- To communicate with B.D.O /District minority office for submission of Life certificate or any other queries regarding Imam/Moazzin.
- Not to contact any third person.
Destitute Minority Women Rehabilitation Programme :
- Houses are provided to abandoned / widowed minority women
- Must be an Indian citizen
- Only widows /divorcee/ abandoned women are eligible under this programme
Islampur Muslim Girls’ Hostel: For Muslim girl students(school level to post graduation or above).
- For admission to contact Islampur Muslim Girls Hostel, Islampur, Uttar Dinajpur
- The form published generally in September month of every year
- For application form visit www.auqafboardwb.org
: For encouragement of the minority girls students Rs. 1200 is distributed as incentive (Pre-Metric & Post Metric incentive) to students for classes IX & X and XI & XII respectively every year.
Dress distribution :
Every year distribution of school dress for minority students from class I to VIII.
Minority Hostel for boys/girls students :
Minority Hostels are established at various institutions for the students residing far from their institutions. The students can contact their respective institution authority/ BDO.
English Medium Model Madrasah :
For imparting better education in English language an English Medium Model Madrasah has been established at Panjipara under Goalpokher-I Block under this District for education of minority students.
District Magistrate, Uttar Dinajpur
Additional District Magistrate (MA&ME), Uttar Dinajpur
District Officer, Minority Affairs, Uttar Dinajpur
Contact and Email :
Minority Affairs & Madrasah Education Section, Office of the District Magistrate, Uttar Dinajpur. Ph No: 03523246131 / Email: mameud19[at]gmail[dot]com
Useful Website links:
WBMDFC Official : www.wbmdfc.org
Aikyashree : www.wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in or www.wbmdfcscholarsgip.org
Education Loan : www.wbmdfc.org
Imam & Moazzin: www.auqafboardwb.org
Graveyard Boundary Wall: www.minorityaffairs.in/
Infrastructural support to reputed NGOs running educational projects for the development and welfare of minorities: http://ngoscheme.wbminorityaffairs.in/
Haj : www.hajcommittee.gov.in