Traditionally Election Section deals with activities relating to conduct of Election and to make it free, fair, transparent, safe and accessible Elections to all. The allied Citizen Centric works are – preparation of electoral roll and making it ERROR free with the motto “NO VOTER TO BE LEFT BEHIND”. Coloured Photo Identity Cards are also being provided by this section to all eligible electors.
FUNCTIONS & SERVICES OFFERED:
- Conduct of elections.
- IEC (Information Education and Communication).
- Providing Training
- Basic training to EROs / AEROs / Supervisor/BLOs &
- Hands on Training on IT Applications (Garuda App, Voter Helpline App, Voter Portal and NVSP).
- Systematic Voters Education & Electoral Participation(SVEEP) activities
- Electoral Literacy Clubs(ELC)
- Chunao Pathasala
- Drawing Competition
- Football Match etc.
- Electoral Roll related activities.
- Special Summary Revision of Electoral Roll(SSRER) / Continuous Updation.
- Enrolment of electors and Distribution of EPICs.
- Observing National Voters’ Day Celebration in every year on 25th January.
- Operation of Voter Facilitation Centre(VFC) and Help Desk at the Office of the District Election Officer, Uttar Dinajpur (Toll Free No. 18003453218 / 1950).
- Physical Verification and Periodical inspection of EVM & VVPAT and its warehouse during non-election period.
- First Level Checking(FLC), Randomization , Segregation and Despatch of EVM & VVPAT in presence of Representatives/ Candidates of Political Parties during election period.
- Rationalization of Polling Stations.
- House to House Survey by BLOs.
- Redressal of Complaint and Grievance through Citizen Service (NGS) and District Contact Centre (Toll Free No. 18003453218 / 1950).
- Handling of Election matters in Social Media through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/313427152830226) and Twitter (@UttarDm)
No. & Name of Parliament Constituency Under Uttar Dinajpur:
4- Darjeeling (Part), 5-Raiganj (Full), 6-Balurghat(Part)
No. & Name of Assembly Constituency Under Uttar Dinajpur :
28-Chopra, 29- Islampur, 30-Goalpokhar, 31-Chakulia, 32- Karandighi , 33-Hemtabad (SC), 34-Kaliaganj(SC), 35- Raiganj, 36-Itahar (Part)
District Level SVEEP PLan-2024:
A. District toll free Helpline Number: 1950
C. Voter Helpline App (VHA download from Google Play Store)
Song “Main Bharat Hoon, Hum Bharat ke Matdata Hain”
Youtube link – Click Here
Twitter link – Click Here
Claims & objection for SRER 2023: Click Here
Citizen centric forms: Click Here
Download Information of the BLOs: Click Here (PDF 720KB)
Schedule of SRER 2023: Click Here (PDF 239KB)